Tuesday 1 September 2015

Top Ten Turnabouts - Intro (#90)

Hey, welcome to the start of a new little idea I had as I countdown to AFN's one hundredth post. Way back in post three (well I suppose it wasn't that long ago, it was only like the second or third of June) I made a post about how I had started playing a game called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and since then, as shown in how much I've been going on about it, my love for the series has grown so much and it's now one of my favourite video game series of all time for sure. In fact, since then, I've completed every single game in the series apart from the crossover with Layton, which I'm playing now, and Dai Gyakuten Saiban, the game recently released in Japan (I won't be playing that unless there's a fan translation since I can't read Japanese). To celebrate this, I thought it would be fitting to have a post made up of several different parts for the first time. Well, not really a post, but a group of posts.

And wow, my first multi-part post will be ten parts, eleven including this intro. I'm going to be doing a list of my top ten personal favourite Ace Attorney cases. This list will not be including Dai Gyakuten Saiban (which translates to The Great Ace Attorney, by the way) for reasons I already stated, or Layton VS Wright, not just because I haven't completed it, but I wasn't going to include it anyway since it's not really a standalone Ace Attorney game.

I love this picture.
Each case will have a similar layout, and include stuff about the plot of that case, any new characters that stand out or returning characters who are explored more, and maybe some stuff about music and other things, I'm not completely sure yet. Each part will have the name of the case in bold at the top along with the number, for example 1-1 (game 1, case 1). E1-1 means Ace Attorney Investigations 1, case 1 (the E stands for Edgeworth). And, of course, there will be pictures.

This has been my phone's menu screen for
a while...
A few more things; I know the description for the blog says this, but obviously this will contain BIG spoilers. Secondly, this list is just my opinion and it probably will be very different to the opinions of most fans of the series. In fact, I'm going to try to not include too many cases that everybody else includes on their top ten list, since I want this to be unique, plus I usually view things a lot differently to other fans anyway. Finally, I'm going to also try to add some cool interaction (for some reason I forgot that word and wrote interactivety at first, lol) to this group of posts. So, at the bottom of each post is a section where you can select a different part of this countdown to go to. Just... scroll down and you'll understand.

...and this has been my lock screen.
Oh, two more things: I won't be signing my name at the bottom of each post as usual, but will write 'Thomas' at the end of the last part. And the other thing is, I will be trying to update this very often, so there will be one or more new parts every day. Please don't be angry if I don't keep that promise, since the day I upload this intro is the day before the day I go back to school so things will be pretty busy. Okay, without further ado... click Part 1 down below to get started.

Update: I decided I'm going to write my name on each of these after all. It just feels weird not to after doing it on every other post. :')

Thomas (ahhhh, that feels better)

Intro | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10


No comments:

Post a Comment