Friday 22 April 2016

Wreck-It-Ralph Review (#180)

So a really great cartoon Disney movie that I haven't really mentioned before on AFN is a little gem called Wreck-It-Ralph. The film came out in late 2012 (or early 2013 for us living in the UK) and back when I first watched it (in fact I'm pretty sure it was on the exact same day that I watched it) I actually made a review. Now, this review was not on my second blog, Hedgehog Reviews, which I talked about in post... wait, let me check it... #104. Yeah, so this review wasn't on that blog, but my first blog I made about three to four years ago when I was like 11, which I will never be linking here because the things I wrote on there make me cringe to the moon and back. But the Wreck-It-Ralph review was actually alright, so I am actually going to copy and paste it here, completely unchanged. Now, let me go find that old blog... Ah, I remember now, I took it down. But I do still have the few posts I made on it somewhere, so let me just locate the Wreck-It-Ralph one. Okay, here we go. I originally published this on March 2nd 2013, which, as I said, was the day I watched the film, I think.

'Hey again! So my first post got a couple views, and I’m making another. This time the post is going to be a review of a recent Disney movie, called Wreck-It-Ralph.
 First of all, it’s rare for me to be talking about a Disney movie, because I never really liked Disney to tell the truth. Most of it seemed to be love stories, which was kind of boring (my opinion, its fine to disagree). In fact, the only Disney movies I ever really liked were Finding Nemo, Up and The Jungle Book.
But I gotta say, Wreck-It-Ralph could well be my favourite animated movie of all time, although that probably is because I love videogames. =L But yeah. Basically, the movie is based off a videogame villain, who wrecks things (which you probably guessed =P). He and the hero of the game, known as Fix-it-Felix, live in an arcade game called (Yep) Fix-it-Felix, Jr. Ralph doesn’t want to be a villain anymore, and the cast end up travelling through three games: Fix-it-Felix, a pixelated, 2D game. Hero’s Duty, a tense, first person shooter. And Sugar Rush, a Mario-Kart-like racing game in a sweet, candy world.
The film is very clever. There’s a place in the movie called Game Central Station, a large, rectangular room where all the videogame characters hang out while the arcade’s closed. The room, in reality, is just an extension plug socket, and the outlets are the portals to each game. Genius. There are also a few emotional moments as well =’)
And oh my goodness. If you aren’t already convinced that the film’s made especially for gamers, I’d like to say that there a heck load of references, from Sonic the hedgehog to Pacman =V, from Lara Croft to Nintendo, from Super Mario to zombie shooters. And great music.
And even though Fix-it-Felix Jr, Hero’s Duty and Sugar Rush aren’t real games, you can actually play them on the Wreck-it-Ralph Website! http://www.disney.co.uk/wreck-it-ralph/games/
Anywayz, got to go. You really should check this film out though.
-- Tom Tom =)'

Yes, well, as you can see, my, ahem, attitude was slightly different. But not bad for an 11 year old, eh? And most of the stuff I said is still true. I love me some Wreck-It-Ralph. Here's hoping for a sequel.



Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment